Before I tell you all about this themed therapy course, let’s talk about who this is really for…
You’re an SLP that wants to feel confident with the themed activities you plan for your therapy sessions. You are willing to take time to plan themed lessons, but you know you could be doing it more efficiently. You see a spark of engagement in your students when you use themed activities and want to keep planning them, but you’re overwhelmed with finding time to prep. When you use your favorite themed books, toys, and activities, your sessions go WAY better. You don’t want to quit using themes, but endless paperwork and meetings leave little time to plan themed therapy.
- A school-based elementary SLP trying to streamline the themed planning process and learn ways to keep things organized
- A CFY SLP looking to get the guidance to help you improve your competence with implementing a theme-based approach
- A private practice clinician serving primarily elementary-aged children with language disorders
You’re in the right place! I’m going to tell you exactly how the Themed Therapy Planning Course will simplify the planning process and keep you inspired on your theme-based journey.
By the end of this professional development course,
you will have:
- Extensive knowledge about what a theme-based approach is and how to pick a theme that is perfect for your caseload.
- All the best places to find themed materials so you can efficiently plan for your Pre-K-5th grade students.
- Frameworks for planning a variety of therapy sessions and mapping out a flexible plan for implementation.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for teaching a variety of language skills using themes so you know how to be effective in your sessions.
- Examples of mock therapy sessions so you can see how to set up your lessons and utilize one activity to cover a variety of goals on your caseload.
- Data collection tips and tools so you have a plan for when and how you will record data.
- Options for how to organize your themed material, so you know where your activities are when you need them.
- Over 5 hours of Clinical Maintenance Hours (CMH) for your state license and national certification requirements
The Themed Therapy membership changed everything for me! I’m a new SLP, and having access to such great materials has saved me so much planning time! My students LOVE the materials and my therapy sessions are fun, engaging, and the talk of the school! Felice’s tips for implementing the materials are worth the price of the membership alone!
"I just want to thank you for removing the Sunday blues. I know exactly what I am doing with each child and the theme I’m using. Printing and laminating are the only challenges but once that’s done I’m good to go for that theme."
"So many materials and ideas. It makes planning so much easier. It’s adaptable for pretty much all caseloads."
"Felice's materials the past year saved me. By not having to worry about planning/prep, I am able to enjoy the therapy time with my students more and am able to spend more time doing other paperwork (e.g. billing, reports, etc.)."
What’s Inside the Themed Therapy Planning How-To Course for Busy SLPs?
What is a themed-based approach?
It pays to learn from another SLP who has been implementing themed therapy with their elementary school caseload -- I know what works and what roadblocks you may face when planning themed therapy.
We will start with diving into what is a theme-based approach so you know if you are implementing it correctly.
You won’t get stuck trying to figure out themes to plan for the school year because you’ll get the inside scoop on how to pick the perfect theme for your caseload.
Finally, you’ll see some real examples of how to adapt a theme to cover a variety of goals on your caseload.
- Explain a theme-based approach
- Describe the pros and cons of this approach
- Have the tools and resources to pick a theme
- Know ways to adapt a theme to cover a variety of goals
Organizing Your Themed Materials
Tired of having organized piles of chaos around your speech room? How about having to dig through all your boxes and bins to gather themed materials for a unit from previous years to find what you need?
After going through this module, you will have an organizational system for your themed materials that matches your style!
You won’t have to spend hours of time finding the organization tools because you will have a cheat sheet with links to everything you need.
- Systems for organizing paper and digital materials
- Tips for efficiently organizing your sensory bin materials
- Ways to stay organized when implementing a theme
- Easily locate your materials the next time you use the theme
- Editable templates for labeling your bins, binders, and folders
Planning Your Themed Therapy Lessons
“You can just plan therapy on your prep time!” said no SLP ever. Most SLPs don’t have prep times, and if they are lucky to find time to plan, it’s often not enough!
In this module, you will learn time-saving tips for developing activities with books, toys, and materials to cover your elementary caseload. You won’t have analysis paralysis when it comes to making therapy plan decisions after this module because the frameworks and sample therapy session layouts will help you easily plan therapy week after week.
- Time-saving tips for where to find materials and activities for your caseload
- Considerations for picking books and materials for your theme
- Frameworks for how to plan therapy for different ages, co-teaching, and mixed groups
- Mapping your themed lessons so you have a flexible plan for 2-4 weeks
Implementing Evidence-Based Practice with Themes
When it comes to conducting therapy, you want to feel confident that you are maximizing your time in each session. In this module, you will learn practical strategies and tips for evidence-based practices for a variety of language skills.
No more doubting if you taught a skill correctly! You will walk away with easy-to-implement strategies that will pack a punch for your students’ goals!
- Using Themed Verbs to Cover Grammar Goals
- Teaching Themed Vocabulary
- Teaching Basic Concepts with Themes
- Teaching Inferences with Themes
- Story Elements and Comprehension
Themed Therapy In Action
When you are struggling with running a mixed group or doing an activity with different age groups, it’s always nice to see how other SLPs handle these scenarios.
You will see mock therapy sessions to give you an idea of how to run your mixed groups.
- Mixed Group Preschool
- Mixed Group Early Elementary
- Mixed Group Upper Elementary
- Using one material to cover a variety of goals - younger child example
- Using one material to cover a variety of goals - older child example
Data collection is an ever-present task, but doing it while also conducting therapy can be quite the juggling act. In this module, you will learn different types of data collection methods so you can decide which would work best for your SLP style.
Plus, you will learn all the latest tools and resources to help make data collection easier.
- Different types of data collection methods
- Tools and resources for data collection
- Tips for structuring data collection in your sessions.
When you enroll during this special, limited time period,
Themed Therapy Planning How-To Course
(A $497 Value)
- 6 Modules that teach you EVERYTHING you need to know to be successful with planning themed therapy.
- Frameworks and cheat sheets to help you plan themed therapy with ease.
- Time-saving information to help you find themed materials for planning lessons.
- Videos of mock therapy sessions to help you with running mixed groups with confidence.
- All the tools and strategies you need to streamline your organization process for keeping track of your themed therapy units.
- Themed materials used in the demonstrations so you have tools to practice in therapy without the stress of making them yourself!
You will be given access to the first two modules of the course instantly when you decide to purchase. The entire course will be available on April 1st for you to do at your own pace.
We do this to help you make sure this course is a good fit during the 14 day refund period.
Plus these bonuses to help you implement themed therapy with confidence:
- 2 LIVE Q and A webinars to get your questions answered with replays available. LIVE Q and A webinars are scheduled for April 7th and May 5th at 5pm PST/8pm EST.
- 2 Sample Themed Therapy Lesson Plans to support your elementary caseload. Materials demonstrated in the therapy in action will be available to the SLP course attendee.
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
You’ll be backed by a Risk-Free 14-Day Guarantee
During the first 14 days of the course, you will have access to the first two modules. If you don’t think this approach is a good fit your caseload, you can ask for a refund on or before March 31st. Refunds will not be granted after March 31st.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course for?
Who is this course NOT for?
What is the refund policy?
How long will I have access to the course?
What if I have a Themed Therapy SLP Membership?
Can I cancel after one month if I choose the Payment Plan?
Can I apply this course to my professional development hours?
Is there a time limit on purchasing this course?
Still thinking about it?
You should give the Themed Therapy Planning How-To Course a 14-day risk-free shot if you are motivated by any of the following:
- Whether it’s that pile of paperwork sitting on your desk or endless meetings, you’re fully aware that the job of an SLP leaves little time to prepare for therapy sessions.
- Most importantly, you are tired of being overwhelmed and burnt out. That’s why you’re motivated to get the support now to transform your therapy sessions into something you can look forward to.
- Plus, you can invest in a course that will give you practical results for improving your clinical skills AND help you meet the clinical maintenance hours for your certification.
I personally cannot wait to guide you over the next two months...
Figuring out how to plan themed therapy lessons for my elementary caseload helped me stay inspired!
Watching my students stay engaged throughout a lesson makes the work to learn about themed therapy all worth it!
As I continued to build my clinical skills with themed therapy over time, I found strategies and tools to make therapy planning easier.
Should you choose to join the course, I personally guarantee that you will build your competence and confidence with planning therapy by themes!